Procedure Change - 1/31/22
The health and safety of our employees, their families, and the communities we serve is our highest priority. The Catholic Parish Cemeteries Association is administering the following changes to our burial procedures:
Effective Monday – January 31, 2022, the following procedural changes are being implemented for all parish cemeteries within the Diocese of Pittsburgh.
Committal services may be accommodated within one of our chapels, mausoleums, or at graveside. Please know that face coverings are optional for fully vaccinated individuals, however, individuals who are not fully vaccinated are required to wear a face covering and practice social distancing regardless of where the committal takes place.
COVID 19 Burials / Entombments:
- For Catholic Parish Cemeteries Association Field Personnel - There will be no change regarding the procedure for a COVID 19 Burial / Entombment.
- Mausoleum Entombment – Committal to take place outside the mausoleum. Casket will then be wrapped with standard mausoleum protection prior to entering the building. Once entombment complete family may enter the mausoleum.
- Ground Burial – Committal prayers may be conducted at roadside. Attendees will then be asked to remain and witness from their cars during the burial process. Once burial has been completed family may proceed to the gravesite if desired.
We understand that these are difficult and challenging times and ask that everyone please adhere to our policy for the health and safety of all concerned.
Veteran Flag Placement
For many years very dedicated organizations have been placing veteran flags at the gravesites of veterans for Memorial Day in our parish cemeteries. Unfortunately, due to this unprecedented time with COVID-19 CPCA has been notified by some of the organizations that they may not be able to place the veteran flags this year.
CPCA has placed veteran flags and flag holders at each of our Regional Offices. They are available for family members to pick up and place on their loved one’s gravesite.
If you would like to pick up a flag, please stop at one our offices to pick up. If you need a flag holder please contact our office and they will locate the holder you need and let you know when it is ready for pick-up.
- Allegheny Regional Office – 412-256-9370
- North Regional Office – 724-323-0033
- South Regional Office – 412-249-9211
- Or Email us at [email protected]