Procedure Change - 5/26/20
Catholic Parish Cemeteries Association is committed to serving our parish families. Considering recent events relating to COVID-19 we are implementing some changes to our burial procedures. The health and safety of our employees, their families and the communities we serve is priority. The Catholic Parish Cemeteries Association is administering the following changes to our burial procedures:
Effective Monday - May 26, 2020, the following procedural changes are being implemented for all parish cemeteries within the Diocese of Pittsburgh.
- All in-ground burials will be restricted to graveside services only
- Chapel committals will only be available for those having an entombment or inurnment
- There is a maximum number of 25 people for committals (in ground or chapel)
- For the safety of our employees, actual Interments and Entombments will not take place until the committal service is complete and attendees have departed.
- CDC Guidelines for Masks and Social Distancing are to be observed at all times by all in attendance regardless of where the committal takes place
- Mausoleum Entombment – Committal to take place outside the mausoleum. Casket will then be wrapped with standard mausoleum protection prior to entering the building. Once entombment complete family may enter the mausoleum.
- Ground Burial – Committal prayers may be conducted at roadside. Attendees will then be asked to remain and witness from their cars during the burial process. Once burial has been completed family may proceed to the gravesite if desired.
We understand that these are very difficult and challenging times and ask that everyone please adhere to our policy for the health and safety of all concerned.
Veteran Flag Placement
For many years very dedicated organizations have been placing veteran flags at the gravesites of veterans for Memorial Day in our parish cemeteries. Unfortunately, due to this unprecedented time with COVID-19 CPCA has been notified by some of the organizations that they may not be able to place the veteran flags this year.
CPCA has placed veteran flags and flag holders at each of our Regional Offices. They are available for family members to pick up and place on their loved one’s gravesite.
If you would like to pick up a flag, please stop at one our offices to pick up. If you need a flag holder please contact our office and they will locate the holder you need and let you know when it is ready for pick-up.
- Allegheny Regional Office – 412-256-9370
- North Regional Office – 724-323-0033
- South Regional Office – 412-249-9211
- Or Email us at [email protected]