Our cemetery guidelines ensure safety and respect for all.
In the spirit of maintaining the sacred nature and dignity of the Catholic cemetery, the following will be enforced. We ask for your understanding and cooperation.
What is Permitted:
- Planting in approved planting bed up to one foot in front of memorial.
- Artificial flowers:
- In approved permanent vase
- In approved planting bed
- On an upright memorial
- Christmas decorations from first Sunday of Advent to February 28.
- Easter decorations from the first Sunday of Lent through Ascension Thursday.
- Other holiday decorations such as Mother’s Day, Memorial Day, Father’s Day, and All Souls Day.
- Approved vigil lights.
What is not Permitted:
- Planting or decorating during the general cemetery cleanup period of March 1 - March 31.
- Any shrubs, trees, or bushes.
- Anything that presents a safety hazard such as: borders, marble chips, fencing, wire, toys, glass.
- Flowers or objects that are unsightly or detract from the spiritual setting of a Catholic cemetery.
- Pets, trail vehicles, littering, loitering.
Regrettably, we cannot be responsible for anything placed at the grave or crypt site.
Guidelines for Floral Placement in Crypt Front Memorial Vases:
- All flowers must be artificial.
- All arrangements must not exceed 8 inches in height from the top of the vase, and 8 inches in total width.
- The cemetery is not responsible for arrangements which cannot be placed because they exceed the size of the vase hole, or because they exceed the maximum size permitted.
- The cemetery is not responsible for arrangements once installed in vase.
- No taping of objects to the crypt front, no hanging items from vases, or placing anything in areas surrounding the crypt plate.
- No items are permitted to be placed on the floor in front of the crypt.
- Insurance and safety regulations prohibit anyone except trained cemetery personnel from placing arrangements in vases above the third tier.
Vigil / Solar Light Policy:
- The Catholic Parish Cemeteries Association will permit one (1) vigil/solar light per marker. All others will be removed.
- The vigil/solar light including the post may not be higher than 18 inches above ground.
- The vigil/solar light must be placed at the head of the lot, flush with the monument base or flat marker in a maintained planting bed.
- Upkeep and maintenance of the vigil/solar light is the sole responsibility of the person placing the light.
- No open flames are permitted.
- No glass vigil/ solar lights are permitted.
- The Catholic Parish Cemeteries Association bears no responsibility for upkeep nor does it assume liability for damage, theft or vandalism of the vigil/solar light.
- The Catholic Parish Cemeteries Association reserves the right to remove any damaged or inappropriately placed vigil/solar light.